The City of El Centro Community Services Department and the American Red Cross present Water Safety Instructor Certificate Course.
May 25 - 27, 2019 from 9am to 4pm at Imperial Valley College Pool - 380 E. Aten Rd., Imperial, CA.
Class fee is $200 - fees include all class and instrucing material needed. Register at the El Centro Community Center *Class size is LIMITED*
Scholarships of $38 are available for the first 10 registrants. Deadline to register is May 24, 2019.
- WSI candidate must be at least 16 years old
- Demonstrate the ability to perform the following swimming skills (on the first day of class)
- Swim the following strokes consistent with level 4: Front Crawl, Back Crawl, Breastroke, Elementary Backstroke, Sidestroke - 25 yards and Butterly - 15 yards
- Back float for 1 minute (floating or sculling)
- Tread water for 1 minute
- Attend all class sessions, successfully perform all required skills; and pass the written exam with a minimum grade of 80% or better.
For more information, please contact Rebecca Corfman, Pool Manager at (760) 337-4555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org